How to make a Himalayan salt lamp?
Crystals were usually downgraded to the magical, mythical, or, to some extent mysterious genre of home decoration even in the recent past. Himalayan salt rock lamp was no other exception. But gradually people became aware of the several health benefits possessed by Himalayan salt rock. Nowadays, the Himalayan salt rock lamp has become an exclusive part of many modern home decor and the charisma of their soft glow became irresistible while decorating different rooms of an apartment.
Though pink Himalayan rock salt has a century-old history of providing benefits in making natural medicines, their use in home decor or, the popularity of their trendy look took off only in recent past.
The lamp life offers a wide variety of salt lamps. They are of various sizes, weights, and rates. Anyone can visit their site https://www.thelamplife.co.uk/ and purchase one for them.
These lamps are made by following the basic principle of hollowing out a portion of rock salt from a big chunk and replacing the hollow portion with a tea light or, a wired bulb. These basic Himalayan salt lamps can deliver a wide range of medical benefits like reducing seasonal mood disorders and insomnia. These lamps generate negative ions which in turn reduces the adverse electromagnetic radiation effects from computers, microwaves, laptops, and cell phones.
Himalayan salt lamps are a great addition to your décor. They are durable and organic too. If you are reluctant to buy them from the shop or, online, you can easily make a Himalayan salt lamps on your own as well. Here is a guide for making Himalayan salt lamp at home:
Things you will need:
- A glass bowl or, a metal casing.
- A light holder or any other similar-shaped holder or vessel will work.
- A light bulb attached with an electrical cord.
- To warm the salt, a low-watt light bulb should be taken.
- A wire
- A basket vessel
- Himalayan salt and hammer.
Steps to make a Himalayan salt lamp.
- Choose an appropriate metal casing or, a glass bowl. Selecting these materials will ensure the ability to withstand heat.
- It is important to choose a waterproof casing as well because the salt chunks have the physical property of attracting moisture.
- Firstly, you will need to remove the tea light holder, if there is any.
- Take the cord and push it from the bottom side of the vessel. Make sure to drill a hole on the bottom side of the vessel.
- Break up the large pieces of salt.
- Place the salt chunks softly over the bulb, so that they don’t damage it.
- Fill the salt pieces to the top.
- You should use a protective case at the bottom of the lamp to avoid excessive heating of the surface.
- Plug-in the cord.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the top surface of the rock-salt chunks.
- Do not use an LED-type bulb.
Enjoy making your Himalayan salt lamp at home maintaining proper safety.